CAMPAGNA FINANZIATA AI SENSI DEL REGOLAMENTO CE N. 1308/13
CAMPAIGN FINANCED ACCORDING TO (EC) REG. N. 1308/13
The Langhe Chardonnay DOC Stissa d’le Favole is a young white wine made up of Chardonnay grapes. Fresh and rich in perfume with hints which remind of the ageing in oak barrels. This wine is perfect to be enjoyed during aperitifs, starters and to be matched with fish dishes.
VINEYARDPosition: Alba municipality;
Grape varietal: Chardonnay;
Altitude: 200 m above the sea level;
Geological origin: Lequio formation – alternation of sandstones (more and less cemented), sands and compact marls;
Soil: fine and calcareous Typic Haplustept, coming from the hillsides;
Planting year: 1972;
Planting density: 4,000 vine stocks/ha;
Growing method: trellis;
Pruning method: Guyot;
Grape yield: 8,000 Kg/ha;
Wine yield: 5,600 L/ha.
VINIFICATIONThe Chardonnay grapes have to be harvested between the end of August and the beginning of September. Once in the winery, grapes are destemmed, crushed and chilled (temperature of 10-13 °C).
Then, they are put in the pneumatic press to divide the skins from the must (soft crush). The must is then left to rest a couple of days in stainless steel thermo-conditioned tanks (13°C) to separate the turbid.
The clear must goes through the alcoholic fermentation at a temperature of 15-18°C. Alcoholic fermentation lasts about ten days.
Once it finishes, about 25% of the Chardonnay is put in new barriques (225L) where it completes the alcoholic and malo-lactic fermentation and where it is periodically stirred (batonnage) to facilitate the constant contact between the wine and it lees. The remaining 75% is constantly in contact with its lees as well, but in stainless steel tanks.
Eventually, before the summer they are blended together. The Langhe Chardonnay DOC Stissa d’le Favole is then bottled and ready to be marketed.
ORGANOLEPTIC PROFILEColour: intense straw yellow with green reflexes;
Bouquet: intense, with hints of tropical fruit (especially banana and pineapple) along with vanilla and toasting aromas coming from the ageing in oak barrels;
Taste: fresh, outstandingly soft and persistent.
FOOD PAIRINGSBecause of its features this wine is perfect to be enjoyed during aperitifs, starters and to be paired with fish.
Serving temperature: 14 °C